A hopeful true-blue. Fresh like an endlessly clear day, Karari describes a bright and cloudless day. With this blue in hand, a break in the clouds is never far away.
These original Kakimori inks are inspired by Japanese onomatopoeia, word play, and imagery, translating familiar feelings and sounds to colors that are in conversation with each other. Designer Makoto Koizumi shaped these quirky ink bottles to resemble falling drops, or potari. The flat and stable base prevents the bottle from tipping over, and the 20mm opening with an 8-degree angle is well suited for dipping or filling your pens. Once dry, these pigment inks are water and fade resistant — they’ve been developed to ensure that your special message stands the test of time.
- Color: 04 Karari
- Pigment ink
- 35 ml
- Dimensions: 48mm x 58mm
- Other colors: 01 Po, 02 Torori, 03 Tototo, 04 Karari, 05 Kurun, 06 Toppuri, 07 Soyo, 08 Zabun, 09 Mukuri, 10 Koton
- Because this is a pigment ink, once it dries, it may be difficult to clean out your pen. To avoid the possibility of internal clogging, we recommend using your inked pen frequently, using broader nibs, or using dip pens.
- Shake bottle well before use to evenly distribute the pigment.
- Keep bottle away from heat, humidity, and sunlight.
- Pigment inks can be mixed to create new shades. Please mix inks in clean bottles so as not to contaminate the original color.
Located in downtown Tokyo, Japan, Kakimori boasts a deep connection with its neighborhood and customers. They value the importance of storytelling and the joy associated with handcrafted goods and handwriting. They emphasize a state of coexistence with the four major elements — air, water, earth, and soil — and employ these ideals in each of their products. Their flagship store is well known and loved for their custom fountain pen ink and custom notebook services, which lets customers mix and assemble their own unique tools for writing.