Kakimori is a stationery store and brand from the neighborhood of Kuramae in Tokyo. Founded in 1961 as a commercial office supply business, in 2013, Kakimori opened up their Inkstand, where customers are still allowed to walk in or make reservations to customize their own personal ink blends after experimenting with ink base colors drop by drop.
We are excited to be able to welcome Kakimori staff members to our shop in Greenpoint to host Kakimori Inkstand at Yoseka from the dates of Wednesday, 9/28 to Friday, 9/30. There will be 3 time slots available each day, with 4 slots for each time.
During the workshop, you'll learn from Kakimori staff how to mix your own inks and then you will spend time creating your own perfect blended ink color through experimentation with different color combinations drop by drop. Once you've found your custom blend, a Kakimori staff member will prepare the full bottle of ink for you to pick up later that day or the next day, depending on the scheduled time of your workshop.
Along with the lesson on how to mix inks, one custom blend 35ml bottle of ink is included in the reservation, but you may decide to have additional bottles of ink made. Each additional bottle will be $40. There is no limit to the number of bottles you may order.
You are encouraged to bring a photo or physical object, a "color specimen," as Kakimori likes to call it to inspire and guide you towards your custom ink color.
- 9/28-9/30: 1pm, 3pm, 5pm
- Demonstration of ink making by Kakimori staff
- 60 minutes of self-guided ink making
- Once you pick your color, you'll let a Kakimori staff member know and they will make your bottle of ink for you, to be picked up by you later.
- 35ml bottle of your custom ink included
- Kakimori ink is water-based pigment ink for fountain pens. It has a tendency to solidify and clog nibs once dry so upkeep is required through daily writing and regular washing of the pen.
- More information about Kakimori Inkstand & Pop-Up at Yoseka