Taccia Miyabi Empress Fountain Pen - Whispering Pond - Limited Edition.
The fountain pens in Taccia's Empress Collection pair Taccia's oversized Empress body with a Sailor King of Pen (KOP) 18k gold nib. These pens feature the Rankaku and Raden Maki-e techniques (the inlaying of quail eggshells and abalone shells) combined with expert application of urushi lacquer to create stunning and unique works of art. Red Fuji, a North American exclusive, is limited to 36 pens worldwide.
Each fountain pen is made by hand in Taccia's urushi studio on Wajima, Japan, using traditional inlay techniques enhanced with precious metals and lacquer. To blend the old with the new, each fountain pen comes fitted with an 18k gold nib made by Sailor in Japan along with an individually polished, lightweight yet durable ebonite barrel. The cushion snap cap closure allows for an airtight seal that prevents the pen from drying out. Each series is limited and signed by the maki-e artisan who created it, truly emphasizing the tradition of craftsmanship.
The Taccia Pen Company was founded on the core belief that pens should be affordable, stylish, and well-built. Taccia strives to develop and produce pens that cater to all walks of life and occasions.
- Two-tone 18k KOP gold nib made by Sailor
- Compatible with Sailor ink cartridges and converters
- Sailor converter, two ink cartridges, and a 40ml bottle of Taccia Ukiyo-e Aomurasaki (Blue Purple) included
- Comes in a velvet-lined wooden gift box and cloth pen sleeve
- This pen is the artist proof (serial number: 00/20), which often features even more refined details than the rest of the production run
- More Taccia Empress
- More Taccia