Pilot Namiki Aya Fountain Pen - Akatsuki Red (Daybreak)
Akatsuki (Daybreak): the moment when light first appears in the morning. This Japanese word is also used for a eureka moment or realization. The body of the Akatsuki is a deep, burnished red. Dried red lacquered powders are applied with different intensities, and gold powders and gold-round powders are used in the background before the body is coated in urushi lacquer and burnished
and polished to a shine.
Each pen in Namiki's Aya Collection features urushi lacquer of a different hue to evoke natural imagery, rendered through the Togidashi Maki-e (Burnished Maki-e) technique: After the background and scenery are painted with lacquer, gold or silver powder is sprinkled over it and it is sealed with urushi lacquer. When the lacquer has dried, the surface is lightly burnished with charcoal, revealing the design underneath.
The fountain pens in Namiki's Aya Collection feature a classical vest-type body and a No. 30 18-karat gold nib with the snow cap on Mt. Fuji rendered with rhodium plating. They have been made by Kokkokai, a group of artisans renowned for their maki-e designs; they originally formed in 1931 around Gonroku Matsuda.
- #30 18k gold nib with rhodium accents
- CON-70 converter & blue ink cartridge included
- Cleaning cloth included, along with Use & Care Guide for Namiki
- Packaged in a wooden box with Namiki branding
- For a close-up and 360-degree view of the motif, feel free to refer to its listing on Pilot-Namiki's website here
- Lifetime warranty under Pilot
- Pilot Aya Fountain Pens
- More Pilot/Namiki Fountain Pens