This is a reflective silver ink, created for use with dip pens. To achieve the full mirror effect, this ink should be used on smooth, non-absorbent surfaces, such as glass, plastic, film, or coated paper. On an absorbent paper surface, this ink will dry down to a metallic silver, but it will not be reflective.
- 015 Chrome (크롬)
- Included in box: Ink bottle, dust bag, single-use pipette
- To be used with dip pens, like the Brause dip pen system. J. Herbin glass dip pens are able to be used, but not recommended. NOT to be used with internally filling pens.
- Brause Calligraphy Nib - Cito Fein 46 used to create photographed writing sample
- Recommended to clean nibs with acetone after every use.
- For full reflective effect, Mirror and Hologram inks should be used on smooth, non-absorbent surfaces, like glass, plastic, film, or coated paper. On non-coated, absorbent paper, Champagne Gold (Mirror Finish) and Chrome (Mirror Finish) will dry down to metallic gold and metallic silver; Hologram will dry down to metallic silver.
About Dominant Industry:
Dominant Industry, based in Paju, Korea, makes small-batch specialty inks for dip pens. Adapting mixing and blending techniques developed for silk-screen inks, they have developed calligraphy inks with unique mirror and metallic finishes that are expressive and beautiful on paper, plastic, film, and glass. If digital CMYK colors are flat shades that are created through a subtractive process, Dominant Industry prides itself on its life-like colors that are created through an additive process, utilizing reflective and transparent pigments that incorporate natural light. Dominant Industry strives to create “bottled light,” colors that can be felt and experienced. This idea is reflected in Dominant Industry’s 4 different finishes: Hologram, Mirror, Pearl, and Standard.