- Connect your unusable pencil stumps with this pencil sharpener and create a never-ending pencil
- Wood glue can be applied to strengthen the bond
- Includes a Tsunago Pencil Holder, which helps you grip the pencil stump for easier sharpening
- Not suitable for pencil stumps of less than 5cm, lead diameters of more than 3mm, paper pencils, pencils with metal, plastic or rubber attachments
- Dimensions: 2.5” H x 1.5” D
NJK, or Nakajima Jukyudo, is a Japanese pencil sharpener company that values the “spirit of waste.” NJK originally began as a manufacturer of pen shafts and tobacco pipes in 1933 but shifted to producing high quality pencil sharpeners after they developed their own plastic molding machine. During WWII, there was a shortage of petrochemical materials and they could no longer produce the pen shafts and tobacco pipes they were previously making. After the war, however, they shifted to mass production of plastic pencil sharpeners. Over the years, NJK established their reputation in the pencil sharpener market domestically and worldwide with plastic pencil sharpeners that were not only endearing and fun, but also incredibly sharp.
In line with their “spirit of waste” company values, they released the “Tsunago” sharpener in 2015 — this sharpener allows you to connect small pencil stubs together to create a never-ending pencil. Plus, part of their profits from Tsunago sales are donated to More Trees — a forest conservation organization founded by Japanese composer and musical artist, Ryuichi Sakamoto. Additionally, NJK launched a website called “Having Heart For Pencil” that showcases the art of pencil shavings and regularly hold art workshops that teach you how to create art from pencil shavings.