This original form of the Hobonichi Techo has been loved by many users since its introduction in 2002. Its daily pages offer plenty of space to fill despite the book’s compact A6 size. The graph paper offers an open layout for you to neatly lay out writings, clippings, and drawings.
After years of testing, the graph paper has been set to 3.7 mm for optimal writing comfort. The graph paper design allows users to write from any starting point on the page, and the lines have been printed in light colors so users can either customize it to their own layout or ignore it completely.
The Hobonichi Techo includes quotes specially chosen from its parent site, the Japanese web magazine Hobo Nikkan Itoi Shinbun. Each daily page has a quote in Japanese.
The book contains several sections that are great for schedule management, such as a yearly calendar, monthly calendar, and yearly index page.
The back of the book includes useful and informational pages, such as blank memo pages, an address book, a page for drawing out a custom graph, a 100-item list, and more.
- Size: A6
- Language: Japanese
- Tomoe River paper
- Daily pages from January 1, 2023 - December 31, 2023
- Monday Start
- English Version available
- Avec version here: Avec (2-book set for 2023)
- Hobonichi Accessories available
More features in detail:
- A blank two-page spread is featured at the very beginning of the book to provide a free area when starting out the book.
- A page is included at the beginning of each month to help in planning ahead.
- All daily pages include daily quotes.
- One Day Per Page: The planner features a format with a page devoted to each day. There’s lots of open space to plan the day ahead and enjoy recording your memories and activities. Think of the pages as containers for random ideas, with a clear record of the date. Paste magazine clippings, ticket stubs and photos to make the techo something completely unique – your imagination is the only limit.
- Yearly Calendar: This shows calendar spreads for 2022, 2023 and 2024 at a glance for a useful reference when reflecting or planning ahead.
- Yearly Index: The yearly index spans the following dates: Dec. 2022 - Mar 2024 (8 pages)
- Monthly Calendar: Dec. 2022 - Mar. 2024
- Memo: 13 gridded memo pages