This Hobonichi Techo Cousin 2023 is designed to start in April 2023, coinciding with the beginning of the Japanese school year. The one-day-per-page A5-size techo was created in response to customer requests for more space to fill with writing and clippings and is designed to be paired with the A5 cover of your choice. The Cousin is perfect for collecting a great deal of information into a single book, using as a school notebook or parenting diary, or simply writing in larger letters. The larger size means this book is ideal for leaving in a single place at work or at home. The Cousin also has an exclusive section: the popular “Weekly Pages” tracks a week in each two-page spread for easy planning.
After years of testing, the graph paper has been set to 3.7 mm for optimal writing comfort. The graph paper design allows users to write from any starting point on the page, and the lines have been printed in light colors so users can either customize it to their own layout or ignore it completely.
The Hobonichi Techo includes quotes specially chosen from its parent site, the Japanese web magazine Hobo Nikkan Itoi Shinbun. Each daily page has a quote in Japanese.
The book contains several sections that are great for schedule management, such as a yearly calendar, monthly calendar, and yearly index page.
The back of the book includes useful and informational pages, such as blank memo pages, an address book, a page for drawing out a custom graph, a list of useful links in Japanese, and more.
- Size: A5
- Language: Japanese
- Paper type: Tomoe River
- Start of week: Monday
- Yearly index: Feb 2023 - May 2024
- Monthly calendar: Feb 2023 - May 2024
- Daily pages: April, 1 2023 - March 31, 2024
- Hobonichi Accessories
- Hobonichi 2023 April Start Exclusive Planners and Accessories
- All Hobonichi April Start Planners
- Hobonichi Covers Only
More Cousin April Start features in detail:
- One Day Per Page: The planner features a format with a page devoted to each day. There’s lots of open space to plan the day ahead and enjoy recording your memories and activities. Think of the pages as containers for random ideas, with a clear record of the date. Paste magazine clippings, ticket stubs and photos to make the techo something completely unique ― your imagination is the only limit.
- Weekly Pages: The weekly page is a special section only available in the Cousin edition. It contains one week per two-page spread, with 24-hour timetables labeled 0:00 to 24:00.
- Yearly Calendar: A convenient double-page spread shows the yearly calendars for 2022, 2023, and 2024 at a glance for a useful reference when planning ahead.
- Yearly Index: Each 2-page spread contains 6 months, with a total of 12 months in the yearly index. The top of each monthly column includes 3 checkboxes for writing goals and to-do lists, and the bottom of the page has extra space for note-taking. The yearly index spans the following dates: January - December 2023.
- Monthly Calendar: The monthly calendar is ideal for managing schedules. The graph paper design is lightly printed to make it easier to write in your plans and take notes in an even line. The blue gray and red print both allow for high visibility when writing in the calendar. The monthly calendar spans the following dates: December 2022 - March 2024.